Refund & Cancellation Policy
For any tour or package the services are booked or blocked several months in advance, cancellation of such services earmarked for a particular departure results in forfeiture of money depending upon the time of cancellation of services with the supplier. Therefore, any cancellation of the tour/ service booked, will attract cancellation charges as specified hereinafter. Your tour also includes third party product or service like airline, cruise, railway, transport, hotel, restaurant, caterer, sightseeing company etc., the Terms and Conditions and Cancellation Policy of such third party would be applicable in addition to Amatra Travels’s Cancellation Policy and Terms and Conditions.
The said Cancellation Policy is applicable to all guests of ‘Amatra Travels Pvt. Ltd’. booked for Group Tours, Customized Holidays, MICE Tours, Inbound Holidays or any independent service taken from Amatra Travels.
The request for cancellation of any service/ tour has to be submitted in writing, clearly stating the reason for cancellation via email to Amatra Travels at firstname.lastname@example.org, from guest’s registered email ID.
Once the booking is cancelled, it cannot be reinstated. Any reversal/ re-booking will be treated as fresh booking and additional charges may apply.
All guests expressly agree to the foregoing policy and terms.
Cancellation done by/ for/ due to:
Guest cancels the tour due to any personal reason:
- After booking guest may have any personal reason like non sanction of leave, exam postponement, illness, family emergency etc. which leads to cancellation of their tour/ package.
- Date of the cancellation request email sent by the guest (unless decision withheld or changed), will be considered as the date of cancellation and the cancellation charge will be applicable accordingly.
Considering the safety of the tourists, Amatra Travels is compelled to postpone/ reschedule the tour under force majeure situation or due to uncontrollable factors at the destination, however guest/s do not wish to continue and cancel the tour:
- Amatra Travels reserves the right to cancel/ postpone/ re-schedule any tour under force majeure situation like natural calamity, epidemic, pandemic, terrorist activities, political unrest, curfews, local riots, government orders etc. or uncontrollable factors like airline operation/ schedule change, disruption due to political/ sports/ local/ VIP event etc. at the destination considering the safety of the tourists.
- Under any such force majeure situation/ uncontrollable factors, no refund - fully or partially will be applicable. As refund is not applicable, guest will be required to choose the next possible future date of the same tour. If there is any price difference for the future tour, guests will have to pay the same before the tour departure.
- To reschedule the tour in force majeure situation/ uncontrollable factors, Amatra Travels will send the request to all the concerned associates like airlines, hoteliers, transporters etc. for their cooperation and assistance in postponement of the services. In case these associates are not in a positon to consider the request, then actual cancellation charges may apply.
- If guest wants to change the destination, then decision will depend on the cooperation of the associates like airlines, hoteliers, transporters etc. Such a decision will require time and will be given as early as possible. If the selected tour’s price is more, then guest will have to pay the difference before the tour departure. In case the tour price is less, then the remaining amount will be kept in a credit shell with Amatra Travels. No refund is applicable for the credit shell.
Guest cancels the tour due to non-acceptance of change in itinerary/ service:
- For the betterment of the itinerary or under unforeseen situation, Amatra Travels reserves the right to add/ delete/ exchange the sightseeing place/s or any other service and on this ground guest will not be able to withdraw from the tour.
- In this case if the additional sightseeing or service requires extra charge then it will have to be paid by the guest.
- If any guest is not willing to accept the said change, then guest will have to cancel the tour and cancellation charges as per the Cancellation Policy will be applicable.
Deemed Cancellation - Guest’s booking stands cancelled due to visa rejection/ delay:
- Rejection/ delay of visa will lead to deemed cancellation and the booking will stand cancelled without any intimation or confirmation from the Guest.
- Visa rejection date will be considered as the date of cancellation and the cancellation charge will be applicable accordingly.
- Guest can re-apply by paying additional visa charges, however granting of visa is at the discretion of the respective Consulates and Amatra Travels will not be responsible for the same.
- If visa is not granted even for the second time, the cancellation charge will be based on the date of the rejection of the second visa application.
- If no intimation of visa (granted/ rejected) is received from the respective consulate/ embassy before the tour departure, then it is considered as deemed cancellation and cancellation charge will be applicable.
- In case of ‘group booking’, if visa of an individual in a group is rejected or delayed and the rest of the group cancels the tour then cancellation charges as mentioned in the Cancellation Policy shall be applicable to the entire group.
- When visa is received from consulate, it’s copy is sent to the guest via email by Amatra Travels, however sometimes consulates dispatch the passports directly to the guest’s residence. In both the cases it is the responsibility of the guest to check the visa sticker/visa copy and verify that the personal details and visa validity is accurate. Due to any incorrect details, if the immigration office does not allow the guest to leave or enter the country, then Amatra Travels will not be responsible for any refund / losses / consequences.
- In certain cases, where air ticket/ visa is processed more than 91 days in advance, there along with regular tour cancellation charges, additional actual charges on account of air/visa fees will be applicable.
Deemed Cancellation - Guest’s booking stands cancelled due to the non-payment of partial/ full tour price:
- Guest is required to pay full tour price at the time of booking/ 60 days/ 45 days prior to the tour departure date. If the payment is not received during the mentioned time frame, then Amatra Travels reserves the right to cancel the booking without any written notification from the guest and forfeit the paid amount.
- In such case, Amatra Travels’s cancellation notice date will be treated as the deemed cancellation date and cancellation charges will apply as per the Cancellation Policy.
Deemed Cancellation - Guest’s booking stands cancelled due to ‘No show’ or absence on Day 1 of the tour:
- If any guest fails to join the tour on day one, it is termed as ‘No Show’ and will be treated as deemed cancellation and no refund will be applicable.
- All services will stand cancelled and 100% cancellation charges will be applicable, unless the guest notifies Amatra Travels about joining the same tour later at their own expense.
Deemed Cancellation - Guest’s tour stands cancelled due to discontinuation from ongoing tour:
- If Guest discontinues/ terminates the tour for any personal reason, it is termed as deemed cancellation and no refund will be applicable.
- Amatra Travels team will assist the guest to book the required services, however all expenses for the same will have to be paid by the guest immediately in advance.
Single (Solo) Guest sharing a room with other guest, cancels the tour:
- Single guest should ideally book on speciality tours such as Women's Special/ Seniors Special/ Adventure Special etc., where Amatra Travels guarantees a room partner and guest saves on the single occupancy charge.
- If a single guest is travelling alone on a regular tour, then s/he will have to pay single occupancy charge. If s/he gets a room partner for the tour and shares the twin/ double room for all tour days, then the single occupancy charge will be refunded to the guest within 10 working days of tour completion.
- In case of cancellation by one of the room sharing partners, no refund of single occupancy charge is applicable.
Cancellation of the tour by Amatra Travels:
- Amatra Travels reserves the right to cancel any group tour/ package due to any operational reason or inadequate participation of the guests required to operate a group tour. In such case, cancellation of tour shall be communicated to the guest on their registered email/ telephone/ sms.
- The amount paid by the guest will be refunded within 10 working days of cancellation of the tour.
- The refund will be paid by A/C payee cheque/ NEFT/ RTGS.
- Amatra Travels will not be liable to pay any interest on the tour amount paid by the guest.
- Amatra Travels owes no responsibility for any additional expense related to any other arrangements made by the guest on their own.
- A guest willing to take any other tour can do so in consultation with the respective Travel Advisor. Excess / short payment, if any for the new tour will be refunded/ collected, to/ from the guest.
Right of Admission and Termination:
- Amatra Travels reserves the right to deny any booking or cancel the accepted booking of any guest without divulging any reason or giving any justification.
- Amatra Travels reserves the right to terminate the tour of any guest while on tour if the guest does not follow the group tour decorum or misbehaves/ create nuisance to the co-passengers/ Tour Manager/ coach captain/ local citizens/ officials etc. Under such circumstance guest will have to make arrangements for their return travel on their own and no refund is applicable.
Transfer of Tour:
- If guests wish to transfer their original tour to a new tour for any reason, then such transfer is treated as cancellation of the original tour and hence a fresh booking of the new tour has to be made. Cancellation charges will apply on the net tour price of the original tour. For the new tour, prevailing tour price and discounts will be applicable.
- Amatra Travels reserves the right to terminate the tour of any guest while on tour if the guest does not follow the group tour decorum or misbehaves/ create nuisance to the co-passengers/ Tour Manager/ coach captain/ local citizens/ officials etc. Under such circumstance guest will have to make arrangements forIf guests wish to transfer the tour, they will have to communicate in writing to the Travel Advisor. Such requests will be accepted subject to availability.
Merging of Tours:
- Amatra Travels reserves the right to merge two or multiple tours when there is inadequate participation of the guests in a single tour or for any operational reason. Seat allocation in the coach will happen as per the booking date priority of the merged tours.
- Amatra Travels reserves the right to determine the quantum of refund payable to the guest in case of cancellation, transfer or amendment of the tour. Refund is calculated on the basis of various factors such as the cancellation date, reduction in tour capacity, contractual agreement and cancellation policies of associates like airlines, hoteliers, transporters etc. The decision given by Amatra Travels on the quantum of refund according to the Cancellation Policy shall be final and will be paid directly to the guest.
- As per GOI regulations any refund from Amatra Travels for both, Indian or International tours will be paid only in Indian rupees by A/C payee cheque/ NEFT/RTGS, even if guest has made the tour payment partly or fully in foreign currency.
- Refund is always processed in the name of the family head marked on the booking form or in case of ad-hoc/corporate group it may be in the name of the institution/company who has made the payment on behalf of the group.
- Amatra Travels is not liable to pay any interest on the tour amount paid by the guest/s.
- Convenience Charge for the payments made by Credit Card, Debit Card, Online Transfer etc., is non-refundable.
- Tax Collected at Source (TCS) for international tours is non-refundable as it is deposited with the income tax department and recorded on guest’s registered PAN. TCS once paid cannot be reversed, however can be claimed by the guest while filing their annual Income Tax Returns.
- In case of force majeure/ uncontrollable situation Amatra Travels reserves the right to levy non-refundable ‘tour transfer charge’ or ‘service charge’ for standalone service.
- For FIT/Customized packages, Holiday Design Fee charged at the time of enquiry is non-refundable in case guests do not book the holiday with Amatra Travels.
- When tour price includes visa fee and if consulate/ VFS/ embassy procedure requires visa fee payment directly by the guest, then visa fee reduction will be given at the time of booking or will be refunded within 7 working days of submission of visa payment receipt by the guest.
- When tour price includes visa fee and guest holds a valid visa for the tour, they are required to submit the visa copy at the time of booking to avail the reduction of the visa fee. In case of unforeseen circumstances if tour reschedules then guest will have to get the visa done according to the new schedule and bear the costs of the same.